Things To Do
- Sunny and shady sites to suit every camper.
- 71 electric sites
- 11 non-electric sites
- 12 walk-in sites
- 5 primitive sites along the backpack trail.
- Campground equipped with showers, laundry facilities,
pit latrines and a dump station.
- Beach is close by.
- General Store offers camping supplies, souvenirs and
- Pet camping is permitted on all sites.
- Camping is permitted at seven picnic shelters by
Boating with electric motors only permitted on the
15-acre Pine Lake.
The lake is perfect for canoes and rowboats.
Launch ramp located near the beach.
Fishing and Hunting
- Bluegill and other panfish provide good sport for the
fisherman on Pine Lake.
- Excellent hunting opportunities exist for squirrel,
deer, grouse and turkey in the adjacent state forest.
- A valid Ohio hunting and fishing license is required.
- 4 Picnic areas offer excellent scenery and a peaceful
- 8 shelter houses can be reserved through the park office,
by calling Tar Hollow State Park at (740) 887-4818.
Reservations begin the first Monday in November for the next
- Ross Hollow Hiking Trail- 4.9 Miles (yellow blazes),
located near the camp, provides foot access to the hills of
- The 21-mile Logan Boy Scout Trail (red blazes) traverses
the park and forest.
- A section of Ohio's Buckeye Trail (blue blazes) also
passes through the area.
- Bridle trails (white blazes) and a horse camp are
located on the forest land.
- A backpack camp is located at the fire tower.
- The 2-mile Pine Run mountain bike trail begins at the
More To Do
- A playground and basketball court are located near the
- The seasonal General Store offers an 18 hole miniature
golf course, bike and boat rentals, as well as a game room,
which features a ping pong table, air hockey and fooseball.
- Registered campers may borrow game and sporting equipment
from the General Store.
- Swimming is available at Pine Lake, which is within
walking distance of the campgrounds. Parents are responsible
for their children on the unguarded beach.